Our Shopping Model is Available
Our Port Hope and Cobourg locations provide for our shopping model. Please bring along your reusable grocery bags.
Address: Building #19, 700 D’Arcy Street
Phone #: 905-372-5308
Open Wednesday: 9:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. and 5:30 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.
Open Friday and Saturday 9:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
Address: Port Hope United Church, 34 South Street
Phone #: 905-885-6674
Open Wednesday: 9:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. and 5:00 p.m. – 7:30 p.m.
It's easy to Volunteer!
Hello and thank you for expressing an interest in becoming a Volunteer with Northumberland Fare Share.
Fare Share Food Bank
Family visits per month
Individual visits per month
There are many ways you can help at Fare Share.
WE NEED YOU!
Our Volunteers buy groceries, stock shelves, shop with our Neighbours; they portion, they take pictures, they make deliveries... you get my point.
Join our incredible team of men and women who support our community and build new relationships at the same time.
Below is a list of tasks that may interest you. Check as many as you like, and someone will get back to you.
Fare Share Food Bank
56,700 lbs of food
Distributed per month
(*Based on Food Banks Canada national value for donated food, at $3.21 per lb.)
- Back Up Food Bank personnel. Perhaps 1 shift a month to provide our regular volunteer a little time off.
- Back up Drivers. Able bodies required as there is lifting and moving.
- Back up Sorters and Portioners. These roles are typically on “non-open” days with fairly flexible time slots.
- Back up Volunteers for food drives.
- Drivers to deliver to those unable to access the Food Bank.
- People with administrative and organizational skills to assist the Board Members.
- People to expand our community outreach through networking and information gathering.
- People to serve a two-year term on our Board of Directors.
- People who are tech savvy and familiar/comfortable in the world of Social Media.
- People who can respond to donors providing a personal thank you and/or phone call.
- People interested in "facilities and equipment" .... especially those with skilled trade experience.....
Please get in touch using the form below, so we can get to know you a little better.